Welcome to CWGA
The Connecticut Women's Golf Association is a voluntary not-for-profit organization founded in 1919. CWGA provides competitive golfing opportunities for its members, promotes understanding of the rules of golf and encourages female junior golfers statewide.
CWGA now comprises 61 member clubs with a membership of about 500 women. Club membership in this Association is limited to private golf clubs in the State of Connecticut.
2016 Annual Meeting
January 1st through February 28th
To renew online, click on the Online Membership Renewal button below. This will direct you to the TPP Tournament Registration site where online renewal takes place. Log in with your TPP login id and password. Note that you renew your membership just like you sign up for an event.
To renew by mail, click here for a renewal form to use.
- No contestant in a CWGA sponsored event will be allowed to play if she is wearing garments known as halters and shorts.
- Unless otherwise specified, only Class A players may tee off before ten o'clock.
- Merchandise certificates in the amount of seven dollars will be awarded the low gross and low net winner in each class for all Open Day events. (Maybe we haven't come that far in this category - $7 in 1948 would be equivalent to $70.21 in 2016.)
- Handicaps will be based on a player's five best scores of the past two years. No more than three scores may be from the same course.
- Except when otherwise specified... players may reserve starting times one week in advance only. Oral requests will be taken by the Executive Secretary at one tournament, for the next. ...No telephoning unless it is absolutely necessary, please. (This last sentence was all in caps in the brochure!)
Local Rule for Accidental Movement of a Ball on the Putting Green
From the USGA website: "Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows: When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment. The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1. This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental."More information...
Click on the image to the left to read the latest edition of the Nutmeg Golfer!
The 2017 schedule is still being worked out but here is preliminary info:
- Annual Reps Meeting at Pine Orchard - May 18
- CT Women's Open at Torrington - Date TBD
- CT vs RI at Valley CC (RI) - June 1
- CWGA Championship at Heritage Village - June 19-22
- NEWGA Championship at Hop Meadow - July 10-12
- CWGA/SNEWGA Matches at Chippanee - July 27
- Hartford Women's Open at Goodwin & Keney - July 29 & 30
- Seniors/Juniors Championship at Shuttle Meadow - July 31 & Aug. 1
- Legends Championship at Shuttle Meadow - Aug. 1
- CT Women's Amateur at Manchester - July 17-19
- Endicott at Potowomut (RI) - Oct. 3-5
- Annual Meeting & Closing Mixer at Heritage Village - October 19
One Day Tournament Locations (not all dates and formats have been finalized):
Ellington Ridge, Darien, Ridgewood, Wampanoag, Yale, Brownson & Black Hall
The 2016 edition of the membership handbook is available online now in the Members Only section (you must login to view it). The hard copy version has been mailed to all members who renewed their membership in a timely manner.
2015 CWGA Yearbook
The 2015 CWGA Yearbook on Shutterfly is available.
See photos from CWGA tournaments and other 2015 events.
Click on image at left to view this and prior year yearbooks.
Nancy Lopez Message to CWGA Members
Click on Nancy's picture to see a message from her to CWGA members.
(best viewed using a browser other than Firefox)
Invitationals & Charity Tournaments
Available for Members Only